We Are ZTA

March 16, 2017


Take it from me, my high school senior self who was just DYING to get out of her little town. I was craving the free life. New friends, new stories and just a new setting itself. When I saw college, I didn't quite see myself in a Sorority setting. I thought it was just like high school when it came to girls with not feeling like I fit in, not having the right clothes or even the right boyfriend. I thought I was fine on my own and was just totally ready to lead my own life. As I started my classes, I found myself very lost. Sports was my life in High school and my friends who I also did sports with. Sports is what really bonded us together and is what we had in common. My high school friends is what I thought I only needed and who I thought truly knew the real me. Boy, I was so wrong...My first week of college I realized I didn't like going to class not sitting by anyone I knew or even passing someone without saying "Hi." From that moment, I knew I needed to look into changing my college experience. 
Long story short, I found myself walking into tent by tent to find what sorority I belonged too. I could go on and on about what each chapter felt to me but that could be different for everyone. What I'm going to talk about is why I chose Zeta Tau Alpha and the impact they made on me that day. Each and every girl I talked to had this passion and light in their eyes as they talked. Not neccesarily about Zeta itself, but about life in general. I talked to the girls about school, my hometown and just everything about myself which is what everyone does on recruitment week I know I know, but this was different. I found myself talking and not feeling like I was being judged and feeling like I said the wrong thing for them to like me. I could be me and that is something I have never felt even with my high school friends. These girls didn't care what I wore or where I came from, they cared deeper than that. 
 As I sit back here today, two years later, I have never felt more like home than I do at Zeta Tau Alpha. Not only has this chapter taught me the value of friendship, but it has taught me the value of life. WE are Zeta Tau Alpha, where love is the greatest of all things.



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© ztacmich. Design by Fearne.